THE AUSTIN FORUM ON TECHNOLOGY & SOCIETY
CONNECT. COLLABORATE. CONTRIBUTE.
The Austin Forum explores the impact of technology on society and stimulates discussions, collaborations, and partnerships on new technology opportunities.
Each month, our guest speakers address cutting edge technology topics in health & medicine, business & industry, science & research, education, government, entertainment, and social good.
Attendance is always free and open to the public.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column]
Patrick Curry and Frank Roan | Tuesday, February 13, 2018 | Austin Central Library
Doors and bar open | 5:45pm
Presentation | 6:15pm
Networking reception | 7:30pm
presented in partnership with the Austin Public Library
- Artificial Intelligence: How Machine Learning Will Transform (Almost) Everything | Jay Boisseau and Jeff Kirk | March 6, 2018 | Registration open
- Drones: Changing Business, Agriculture, Security, and More | Craig Nehrkorn, Drone Dynamics | April 3, 2018 | Registration open
- Internet of Things | May 1, 2018
- Clean Energy | June 5, 2018
- Blockchain | Karen Kilroy | July 10, 2018
- Educational Tech | August 7, 2018
- Cybersecurity | September 4, 2018
- Austin’s Progress as a Smart City | Chelsea Collier, Digi.City | October 2, 2018 | in partnership with Austin CityUP
- Should Facebook and Twitter Be Regulated as Media? | Sherri Greenberg, LBJ School | November 6, 2018
- Making More, Better Food with Technology | December 4, 2018
*schedule subject to change