REACHING & ENGAGING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WITH TECHNOLOGIES FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES
Here’s what Happened at the Austin Forum in March
Thank you to everyone who attended our event at the Central Austin Library and to our speaker Amber Allen of Double A Labs for sharing her thoughts and expertise on designing experiences for long-lasting engagement in a digital barrage of information.
Congrats to Sami Gharahi for the question that won her a SXSW Interactive 2019 badge. Sami will be enjoying all that SXSW Interactive has to offer next week including tracks on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, AR/VR/MR, Cities, Government & Politics, Coding, Intelligent Future, and more.
Join us next month for your chance to win a 2020 SXSW Interactive badge. Find out how at the April event.
Missed the event? Catch up on these:
Top 5 Takeaways
1. Content needs the technology and technology needs content. When used together this is a force multiplier.
2. In 2016, live streaming became a $30+ billion industry and it’s projected to more than double in growth by 2021 to become a $70+ billion industry.
3. Mobile immersive experiences will lead in 2019. Marketers see VR/AR/MR as a great investment because of the increase in engagement with their brand. Spending is forecasted to accelerate to $143.3 billion by 2020.
4. There will be 51.2 million AR users in the US in 2019, AR filters used on popular social media platforms like Snapchat are a big driver.
5. Immersion is about making the customer the hero in the brand story.
Special thanks to Trifecta on 3rd for another great after-party! Our attendees have shared they enjoy keeping the conversations going after our presentations and networking receptions, so keep an eye on our website for info on future after-parties with food, drinks, and connection.
Join us on April 9, 2019 for Tech Idea to Tech Startup with Gordon Daugherty, Kirk Cesari, Harold Ingersoll, Mitch Jacobson, Brian Lang, Jill Murphy, Ashley Stroud Phillips, and Nicolia Wiles.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Austin Central Library
710 West Cesar Chavez Street
Austin, TX 78701
5:15pm — Check-in and refreshments
5:45 pm – Doors open for seating
6:15 pm – Presentation
7:30 pm – Networking
8:15pm - Post-event networking at Trifecta on 3rd
We welcome your participation! Please send us your questions, answers, and prognostications in advance.
Admission to the Austin Forum is always free.
HELP US CLOSE AUSTIN’S DIGITAL DIVIDE
The Austin Forum accepts donations of used smart phones and tablets at all our events. Donated devices get a factory reset and are set up as new by the team at Austin Pathways’ nationally-recognized “Unlocking the Connection” initiative, which connects every public housing resident with a digital device, digital literacy, and a free or very low-cost internet connection. Your donated smart phone can change lives and help close Austin’s digital divide, thanks to Austin Pathways.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.