About The Austin Forum on Technology & Society
The Austin Forum is a monthly community engagement activity designed to bring together technology leaders, advocates, and the public to share information and stimulate collaborations to promote technology applications that advance society. Forum topics will cover technology applications, opportunities, and policies in all aspects of society: health/medicine, business/industry, science/research, education, government, entertainment, and ‘social good.’
Goals of The Austin Forum
- Present thought leaders and subject-matter experts in areas of technology that have a direct impact on society such as science/research, health/medicine, education, government, and entertainment;
- Increase knowledge of technology in Austin and nationwide;
- Sustain and build Austin’s leadership in the application of technology and data analytics & solutions;
- Engage the community in discussions about the impact of these topics on Austin and the nation;
- Encourage collaboration and participation in these topic areas among industry professionals, academia, non-profit and government organizations.
The Austin Forum was launched in September 2006. Since its inception, the series has featured distinguished speakers on topics ranging from the impact of digital media on advanced computing to the politics of climate change to furthering science and math education in the classroom. The Austin Forum was previously coordinated by the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) and was held on the J.J. Pickle Research Campus in North Austin and at the AT&T Conference Center at The University of Texas at Austin. In 2015, Vizias, an Austin based technology strategies & solutions company, relaunched the speaker series.
Each month, The Austin Forum will cover a new topic, with technology leaders sharing information via presentations, interviews, panels, lightning talks, and/or debates, with opportunities for all attendees to ask questions and engage in discussion. Immediately following, everyone will have the opportunity to share ideas and explore collaborations, while enjoying light refreshments and drinks.
The Austin Forum takes place at the Stateside Theater located at 719 Congress Avenue. The venue is adjacent to the historic ParamountTheater featuring a central location for participants from all over the Austin area. Discounted parking is available in the nearby One AmericanCenterparking garage on 7th Street just west of Congress.
The coordinating organization of The Austin Forum is Vizias, an Austin based technology strategies & solutions company.